Followers

Thursday, February 2, 2017

After Breakfast

Norm and Freddy inhaled their pancakes. There was syrup and bits of food all over the place. The kitchen was a mess, but it was nice to see them in good spirits. Olivia, true to her word, asked Freddy and Norm their opinions on leaving. She didn't exactly do it as I would have liked though. "Would you too like to stay in this grand willow tree, or venture out into the cold, unforgiving city?" "Stay here. No contest." Norm says. "Yep. Definitely stay." Freddy adds. Olivia turns to me. "There you go." "What abou the yellow globe?" I ask. "Yellow globe?" Freddy repeats. "Would you please show him what I'm talking about?" I ask Olivia. She sighs and places the yellow globe on the kitchen table. Freddy drops his fork. His mouth is wide open. "Something wrong, buddy?" Norm asks. "Bomb." He says quietly. "It's not a bomb." I reply. "No bombs." He says. "No. It's not a bomb. It was a gift from Sgt. Rodgers." "No bombs." He screams. "You're not listening. It's not a bomb." "No bombs." Freddy runs out of the kitchen and up the stairs screaming hysterically. I shake my head then follow him a moment later.

No comments:

Post a Comment