Followers

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

What I Unleashed

It took me a long time to get off the floor. Not so much because I was in pain, but rather because I was not ready to face what  I had unleashed. However, I knew I had to face my fear as scary as it may be. I slowly made my way up the stairs. My concerns started to dissipate as I heard Olivia, Freddy and Norm laughing. I was relived to know they were fine, but my stress still lingered. I was sweating. I knew something was , but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Holy hell. What happened to you?" Norm shouts as I enter the room. "Hmm?" "I said what happened. You look like shit." "Oh, do I?" "Yeah, you don't look too good. What happened?" Olivia asks. "Well, I was able to open the globe." Olivia jumps up. "You did?  Are you ok." I nod. "I'm fine. There was just a pink light that pushed me back. What about you guys? Are you all ok?" "We're fine. We were just up here talking. We didn't even hear anything." Olivia says. "What about the pink light?Didn't it pass through this room?" I ask. Norm shrugs. "If it did we didn't notice." I sigh. "What's wrong?" Olivia asks. "We could have done anything with the globe. I feel like I wasted it and I don't know what happened." Olivia half smiles . "If it makes you feel any better we're not mad, and we're no better or worse than we were before." "I guess you're right. I think I'm going to take a nap. I'm beat." "You want us to clear out of here?" "No, I won't make you move. I'll crash in another room." I walk across the hall to the bunk bed room. I expect it to be vacant. Instead I see a jovial old woman. She has grey hair that is pulled back and is dusting the room. She turns to me with a big smile almost as if she knows me well and says "I'll only be a minute."

No comments:

Post a Comment