Followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hoppersville?

Olivia and I had been on many adventures the past few years, but riding on the back of a beetle was something that we never even considered as a possibility before. It was thrilling. We zigged and zagged through the air. Eventually the beetle landed in a grassy area. It looked no different that any other surrounding grass area. So, Olivia and I were confused. "Here we are." "You sure this is the place?" Olivia asks. "You wanted to go to Hoppersville, right?" "Yes." "Then here we are. Now get off." We reluctantly slide off the beetle. "It's just... where is everybody?" I ask. "Sleeping. You came during winter, now what did you expect?" I shake my head and rummage through my pockets. I hand him what little money I have. His eyes widen. "That's it?" "I'm afraid so." I say. The beetle mutters "tourists" under his breath. "There is a little flap by my neck. Place the money there." I tuck the money under his shell, by his neck. The beetle takes out his wings.  "Wait, before you go.." Olivia says. "What? What do you want?" "Well, do you know of anything we can do around here?" The beetle rolls his eyes. "I don't stick around here very often, but there is a bar right there." He says, pointing his head to a grass hut. "Anything else?" "No, that'll do." Olivia says. "Good." The beetle takes off without saying another word. Olivia turns to me. "Want a drink?"

No comments:

Post a Comment