Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Hilda's Words

Admittedly, that eccentric grasshopper peaked my interest. However, I wanted to find out more information before committing to a vacation spot. Fortunately, Hilda was not hard to find this time. She was baking cookies in the kitchen. The scent wafted in to the lounge. It picked me off my seat and brought me to Hilda. She smiled tenderly when I saw her. "I see you've met Jacob." "I have. He seems interesting. He was telling me a bit about his home town. He suggested I visit." "Hoppersville?" "I guess. He didn't say the name." Hilda nods. "It is lovely." "So, you've been there?" I ask. "Oh yes, many times. Good dining." "That's what he was saying." "I take it you'll be leaving then?" "Maybe. I don't know." Hilda looks up at me. "You can go. You won't offend me. You can always come back." "I know it's just -" "It's just what, dear?" "It's gonna sound silly, but I don't know if it's safe. I suppose you don't know what I'm talking about." Hilda stops stirring.  "Of course I do. That bomb that went off could be heard from here." "Then how come Jacob has no idea what I'm talking about?" I ask. "Because he's a grasshopper. When he leaves this house he's his normal size and therefor he has a different perspective." "So he wouldn't have seen or heard anything?" Hilda shrugs. "He might have heard something, but he wouldn't have known what it was. He would be in a  different world." "Huh. Perspective really is an interesting topic." Hilda nods in agreement. "It is, but Hoppersville is even more interesting." She says. "So, it's worth seeing then?" "I think so." "Good, I'm going ask my crew about visiting then."

No comments:

Post a Comment