Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Downstairs Investigation

I was a little dissapointed that no one wanted to go with me downstairs to see the new guests, but I suppose they had a point. They were concerned for their own well being. The nice thing was, however, that as worried as they were they didn't try and stop me. Though I don't think they could if they wanted to.  Not when I having enough curiosity burning inside me. I ventured downstairs. The lights in kitchen were off and there was no sigh of Hilda. I would have giving up if I hadn't of heard a crackling fire. I walked to the nearby living room. I had never stepped foot in there before. It was absolutely beautiful. It has bookshelves filled with first editions, oil portraits on the walls, glass chandeliers, and a six foot tall grasshopper wearing a top hat and overcoat sitting in an armchair, staring at the fire. The floorboards creaked under my feet. The grasshopper turned his head to me. "Oh hi. Hilda told me there were others here." I don't say anything. "The name' s Hopper. Jacob Hopper." I still don't say anything. I'm too stunned and amazed. "You're shy I take it. That's alright, but would you like to take a seat by me?" I don't move. "I don't bite. I promise." With slight hesitation I comply and sit in an armchair adjacent to Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment