Followers

Friday, February 24, 2017

Disappearing Boy

It was a few moments of agonizing pain, and then I shrank. I shrank until I was no larger than an ant. Mysteriously and convinetly my clothes shrank with me, so it would be easy for one to assume I vanished into thin air. Indeed, that's what Olivia thought. "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HIM?" Olivia's booming voice nearly knocks me off my  feet. "I didn't do anything with him." Hilda says innocently . "THEN WHERE IS HE?" "He's right here." "SHOW HIM TO ME. POINT HIM OUT."  Hilda bends down. Her giant face is inches from my tiny body. "Hello, little friend. Do you see him now?" She says, turning to Olivia. Olivia jumps back. "Don't worry you're not going to step on him. I'd warn you if you were close." "Why did you do that?" Hilda looks confused. "Didn't the two of you say you wanted to go to Hoppersville?" "Yes, but-" "I mean you weren't expecting to enter as two fully grown humans, were you?" "I guess I was." Hilda half smiles. "An honest mistake, but I assure you this is how you get to get to Hoppersville." Olivia stares at her bottle. "I don't know about this." "You don't have to do this, but honestly he's fine." "Is he?" "See for yourself." I wave my arms, and I try to shout to get her attention. "I can't hear a word he's saying, but I guess he's ok." Olivia sighs. "Guess, I'm doing this then."

No comments:

Post a Comment