Followers

Friday, February 3, 2017

Scared Fox

Freddy hid under the king sized bed. He was curled up in a ball and shaking. "Freddy, you can come out of there. You've got nothing to be afraid of." "He's not gonna come out for you." I turn around to see Norm by the doorway. "He do this to you ever?" I ask. "Sometimes." "What do you do?" "Only thing I can do. I wait. He'll come out of there when he's ready." I get off the ground. "I guess you're right. I just want him him to know that he has nothing to worry about." "Can you promise that?" Norm asks. "No I can't." "Then you can't get him out of there any faster. Just wait." I take a deep breath. "It's just that the thing Sgt. Rodgers gave us...I refuse to believe it can only be used as -" "Watch what you say." Norm interrupts. "I refuse to believe that that thing can only be used for destructive purposes." "Hold on. You're telling me that that thing that basically leveled the entire city can be used for good?" "That's exactly what I'm saying." I reply. Norm starts laughing. "You have got to be Kidding me?" "Why is it so absurd? The other side of destruction is creation." Norm rolls his eyes. "You've got a point there, but if you want my opinion, you're better off forgetting about it." "I can't do that. I have to know how to use it." I say. "Fine, but you're not getting any help. Not from me, not from Freddy, and not from your lady friend. You know why? Because we're happy here and we won't do anything to jeopardize that." I squint my eyes at Norm. "I will figure out how to use it."

No comments:

Post a Comment