Followers

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Mysterious Drink

Neither Fredder or Norm had any interest in going, but Olivia at least showed a slight curiosity, and that was good enough for me. We said our goodbyes and exited the Willow tree. "You have no idea where you are going, do you?" "I'm not entirely sure." "Did Hilda or Jacob tell you where it is?" I look down. "No." Olivia sighs. "Hey, we'll find it." I assure. "How?" "We'll start walking and then when we see a group of grasshoppers we'll ask them about Hoppersville." Olivia shakes her head. "Lead the way." I start walking forward, but I look at my feet the whole time so as not to step on any friends. A moment later Hilda runs out of the Willow tree carrying two green, glass bottles. "Wait." She says, rushing up to us. "You forgot these." "What are those?" I ask. "They're gifts." "Oh, thank you." I say taking a bottle. I'm about to take a swig. Olivia stops me. "Aren't you gonna ask what it is?" "It's so you can find Hoppersville."Hilda says."Good enough explanation for me." I take a giant gulp. It wasn't the best flavor, but I appreciated the gesture all the same. Then all the sudden my bones felt as if they were shrinking. I was soon unable to stand, and I found myself hunching over. Even that was soon too painful. I was now down on my hands and knees, regreting my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment