Followers

Sunday, September 21, 2014

At Sea

My cape flaps in the wind as I head into the horizon. I don't know where I'm going. I just had to get off the island. Something about being stuck on an island that felt like being in prison. I smile as I crash through a wave and the water splashes my face. Like I said, I don't know where I going, but at least with the boat I can be mobile. That makes all the difference. I stop the boat and stare out into the endless blue. This feels like a good place as any to drop anchor. I pick the anchor off the deck. It's heavy and bit rusted, but it should do the trick. I toss it over board. It seems it takes forever for the anchor to hit bottom. I feel a slight tug. I know now that Her Majesty is safely resting. Olivia is down below in the cabin catching some Z's. Right now I don't want to do anything. I just want to stare out into the nothingness of the sea, and enjoy this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment