Followers

Friday, September 26, 2014

Weather Shield

Ting! Ting! Ting! The sound of the raindrops bouncing off the yacht. It is almost rhythmic, and it's relaxing. I would be able to fall asleep to this sound if it weren't for the fact that Olivia is not in the cabin. Meaning she is on the deck during the storm. She could get sick, I should go out there. I leave the comforts of the padded cabin. The violent wind blows my hood off , exposing my head to the elements. The rain flattens my hair and nearly covers my face. Sure enough Olivia is on the deck, but not a single raindrop falls on her. They seem to bounce off an invisible force field before they come anywhere close to her. "How in the world are you doing that?" I ask. "I made a huge bubble." I turn around and head back to the cabin. "Where are you going?" I stop walking and turn back to her. "I was checking up on you, but you're fine." "Don't you wanna stay a while?" "I'm wet. I should probably head back in and dry off." I head for the cabin once more. "Wait." She stops me.  She fires a pink heart from the palm of her hand. It floats its way over to me and sinks into my chest. It's a weird sensation. Like an almost calming, warming feeling. At that very moment, the rain stops. I pier into the sky. Nothing but blue. The grey is gone. "You did it!" I exclaim. However, shortly after I shout out in jubilance, the rain and grey clouds come back. Dismayed, I shuffle back to the cabin. Olivia shouts out to me. " It's ok. Just take whatever victory you can get. That'll make it better."

No comments:

Post a Comment