Followers

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Storm of Salmon

Ting! Ting! The raindrops continue. Except this time the tings are more like thuds. Thud! Thud! Thud! Whack! Whoomp! What the hell is going on outside? Curious, I open the cabin door and walk to the deck. There I see Olivia standing over a pile of salmon. "Where did this come from?" I ask her. "I'm guessing the ocean." I snear. "But how did it get here?" Olivia shrugs. "There was a big wave and they all washed up." Suddenly, the pile of salmon shakes. Out of the pile emerges a six foot tall, light blue fish. It stands upright on its tail. "Wait a minuet. This looks familiar." I tell Olivia. The fish looks directly at me. "Your senses are getting stronger."  It says to me in a calm monotone. "Oh yeah! This was a dream of mine from a while back." I shout out in excitement as if I had just figured out a puzzle. "That's good. That means we can ask different questions now." I nod. "Knowing that my senses are improving, what am I to do with this information?" I ask the fish. The giant fish shrugs. It then leaps over board splashing us and causing the boat to rock back and forth in the process. We stand there dumbfounded. We were given what seemed to be important information and left with a pile of fish. At least we have plenty of food. There's the silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment