Followers

Thursday, September 4, 2014

She Returns

I try and squeeze through a small opening in the net. As skinny as I am, it is still difficult, and I am feeling rope burn as it rubs against my stomach. It reminds me of gym class. Climbing a dangling rope to a ceiling that seemed unreachable. Why did they make us do that? To prepare for war? Anyways I'm half way out of the net. That's about as far as I could get. The mask is just out of reach. If I can somehow swing to the mask, maybe I can put it on and Washington can help me out. I swing my self closer, it is still just out of reach. I try again, when all the sudden I hear "Jeronimo!" It is followed by the noise of cracking branches. I look up to see what happened. There I see Olivia stuck in a nearby tree. "Hey, good to see you" I shout up to her. She smiles. "Good to see you too." She pauses and looks closely at me. "Are you also stuck?" She asks. "What do you mean also?" I look back up and her an realize her parachute is tangled in the branches, leaving her hanging. I shake my head. "This is a pickle."

No comments:

Post a Comment