Followers

Monday, September 29, 2014

Change of Course

How does one cook a fish in the middle of the ocean? Great question. I'm glad you asked. First Olivia creates a bubble around the fish. She concentrates deeply until an electrical current runs through the bubble. This creates a microwave effect, and before you know it you have a fully cooked fish. Ready for lunch, or dinner or late night snack. Fish isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I'm hardly one to turn down free food. "It's ready!" Olivia shouts releasing the fish from their bubble prison. The fish sizzle, and I catch a whiff of our dinner. Also not my favorite scent. I try and keep an enthusiastic demeanor. Olivia sees right through it. "I know you're not thrilled, but at least it's something." She's right. I suck it up and sit down beside her. "Here is yours." She says to me while holding a grilled salmon on a gold plate. Yes, a good plate. We also have gold silverware. Complements of Norm. What a classy guy. I take a bite of the Salmon. It has an almost rubber texture, but I smile as best as I can while I choke it down. "Not bad?" Olivia asks me. I nod. " I was thinking, winter is coming. We should probably change our course." "I couldn't agree with you more." Olivia stares at me. "You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you? I pick a piece of salmon out of my teeth. "I can't hide anything from you can I?" She chuckles and points to the east. "A cold front is coming from that direction. I think it would be wise to change course." I gaze into a void. "What?" She asks me. " I don't understand how you know that." " You're just gonna have to trust me on this." " I do."  Olivia pushes her plate to the side and stands up. "Good. Now let's get ready to change course."

No comments:

Post a Comment