Followers

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Slide

Everything seems so small. So very small. The island below me is barely even visible anymore. It is now a little tan spec that is being swallowed by blue. It is possible that this pink bubble may pop. It is also possible that it may take me to land. I don’t want to stick around long enough to know the outcome. Without any other options, I put on the mask. A green, portal - like hole opens up at the bottom of the bubble. I crawl in to the portal. On the other side is a green slide. It looks holographic like all the other images that I see through this mask , but the slide supports me. I slide down to Earth with tremendous speed. I do not just glide straight down though. It bends, it spirals, it does loop de loops. Several of them. How I was able stay on the slide, I’ll never know. Faster I went down the slide with every slant and turn. I was like a bullet. My periphery was blurry. Needless to say, the experience was both fun and terrifying. The “ride” eventually ended. I plopped, face first into a pile of mud at the base of Olivia’s tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment