Followers

Friday, September 19, 2014

The Con

Sometimes twenty four hours is not enough time. Sometimes it feels as if it stretches on forever. In this instance, it was just enough time. We are currently arriving at the bonfire with the five bags. Fingers crossed, Norm will not suspect a thing. He's by himself tonight. This could be a good thing, as a second set of eyes might throw off our plan. We drop the bags at his feet. " Here are the five bags as promised." I say to him. "Not so fast. Let me look at it first." Norm grabs one of the bags. He stares at intensely. He then glances at us and looks at the bag once more. "That is so neat!" He exclaims. "What?" Olivia asks. "They make little zippy pockets on the outside of bags now. Who knew?" Olivia turns to me. "Yeah, who knew?" Norm continues his speech. "It's great. I mean it makes perfect sense. I mean once the bag is full, you can open up one of these pockets and fill 'er up." "I thought you'd like it." I say. "Alright, I didn't think you guys would do it, but you did. And I am a raccoon of my word." "Thank you , it is very good to know you have principles." Olivia tells him. "I do. So how bad do you guys want to get off the island?" "Pretty damn bad." I blurt out. "Well I can work through the night and have it ready by morning." "That would be great!" Olivia shouts out. "Then meet me at the beach tomorrow. And try not to make any racket when you leave. I gotta get my beauty rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment