Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Cobweb

Olivia points to a wall. I squint my eyes, trying to see what she sees. "Cobwebs." She says. I lean to the left. The slight change of perspective allows me to see a thin string stretched across the room. "You want me to take care of it?" I ask. "No, don't you see it?" "Now that I'm at the right angle, yes." Olivia grabs me by the hand. She has me stand exactly where she is and stare at the cobweb. "Look, it stretches all the way across the room." She says. I shrug. "I'm not too surprised. It's not like anyone dusts around here." "You don't seem to care." She says, forlorn. "When you said you saw something, I wasn't picturing a cobweb." "But look how big it is. Where do you think it goes?" "I don't know." Olivia's eyes light up. "Exactly, and we should find out."

No comments:

Post a Comment