Followers

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Minotaur

The sinister silhouette stands before us. Eyes as red as blood and horns that could pierce the sky. He judges us, no doubt. Our executioner is here. If only I paid more attention in English class.I would know how to defeat this thing. Zeus's head exploded, basically giving birth to the Greek Gods. After that it is a blur. I couldn't tell you which God fought what monster, and I definitely couldn't tell you how they killed them. Perhaps this is just. Perhaps this is fair. Penance, as one might call it. He takes one step inside. I can clearly see his hoof. It is a ghastly sight. He makes his way into the light. Upon his head is a workout headband, and his sword is a racket. "Peter!" He shouts with a jubilant expression. "Barry, good to see you." Peter responds. "Duane and Chuck couldn't make it. You mind if I practice by myself?" He asks. Peter shakes his head. "Not at all. I'm just giving a tour to our new clients." Barry studies us. "Do we let anyone in here now?" I am taken aback. I never knew Minotaurs could be so snobbish. I am not sure how to respond. Olivia on the other hand starts to leave. "Where are you going?" He asks. Olivia turns. "If this is how people act is this club, we don't need to be here." "Then prove me wrong." He says. "What?" I ask. "Prove that you should be here." "No, that's stupid. We don't need to prove anything to anybody." Olivia says. "Hold on, I'll stay." I say, firmly. Olivia walks up to me. "What? Why?" I look Barry dead in his eyes. "Because I thought he was here to kill us. If I could stay for an execution, I can stay for a game." Barry laughs. "Why would I kill you?" "Because of the story of the Minotaur and the maze." I reply. Barry appears offended. "That's racist. Maybe that happened, but that was thousands of years ago.You can't say all Minotaurs are like that." "I'm sorry, what I said was ignorant. But I will challenge you to a game."

No comments:

Post a Comment