Followers

Friday, April 3, 2015

In the Clouds



Up and up we travel. The sky beneath us is pure white. It feels as if we will ascend forever, until our pink bubble stops. It's like a balloon caught in a high ceiling. "Is this that glass ceiling I've been hearing about?" I ask. Olivia half grins. Our bubble rolls along the ceiling, but goes nowhere. Olivia grabs my hand. " I have an idea." She announces. I eagerly look up to her. " I'm going to deactivate the bubble. Then I'll let us fall a hundred feet before activating a new bubble. Hopefully we'll be able to get out of here." She looks to me. "You ready?" She asks. I gulp and nod. We count to three. She throws down the shield. We drop only a few feet before hitting a hard , linoleum floor in the middle of our puffy, white, cloud. I dust myself off. To quote Alice in Wonderland, "curiouser and curiouser."

No comments:

Post a Comment