Followers

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sauna

Allow me to clarify, I like saunas. I like them a great deal... when I'm by myself. Somehow, I don't find it relaxing when I am in an enclosed area with a relative stranger, and the only thing between the two of us is a thin layer of towel. Berry can barely fit in the room. His horns nearly touch the ceiling. A mythological creature, and a hot dry place. I grin to myself, thinking this must be the oddest picture of hell. Berry sees me smiling. "What's so funny?" He asks. "Just a joke I remembered a while back." Berry leaves it at that. He leans back. "Was that your girl in the dress back there?" He asks. "Yes." "She's cute." "Oh, thanks." I say, not sure how to respond. "I always think it's weird when guys respond like that. As if they had anything to do with it." "How do you want me to respond?" I ask. Berry shakes his head. "I don't know." There is an awkward silence. I'm hoping the timer will run out soon, and I can leave and never come back. "You always wear that red cape?" "Except when I'm in the sauna." I reply. "What's the deal with it?" "I like it. You ask a lot of questions for someone who doesn't know me." "Yet." He says, sharply. I turn my head, confused. " I don't know you yet." He explains. "You want to know me?" I ask. "Maybe, at least if you're going to be coming around here." I take a deep breath. "What do you want to know?" I ask. "Do you have trust issues?" "Excuse me." "You just seem easily agitated and guarded." He says. I roll my eyes. "I'm sorry I'm not more open." I say, sarcastically. "Don't apologize to me. Apologize to yourself." Annoyed, I get up off the wooden bench. I start to open the door, Berry shouts to me. "Will you come back?" He asks. " I don't know. Probably not." "Well, get dressed and meet me in the lobby." "Why?" I ask. "Just do it, and then I'll leave you alone forever." "Ok." I open the door and exit the sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment