Followers

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Follow the String

We follow the thin, stringy cobweb along the ceiling. The mail room is vast, and the cobweb is seemingly endless. There are times when I think we lost it, or it ended, then I shift my focus and realize the cobweb stretches on further. It crawls across the ceiling, past a closet door. We hesitantly stop at the door. "What do you think is on the other side?" I ask. "Only one way to find out." She informs me. Olivia opens the closet door and shouts out "Ha!" only to see a darkened closet. She throws the light switch. We see the cobweb wrapped around a water pipe."Guess this is where it stops." I say. Though I didn't expect much out of our venture, I am disappointed that nothing was on the other side of the door. "Shall we go?" I ask. "Hold on, something is happening. Look at the pipe." I examine the pipe closely. The valve is loosening. "I don't think we should be in here." I say, worriedly. "Why not?" Before I could explain my concerns, the valve is thrown off. We are then sprayed with highly pressurized water, and launched a foot back.

No comments:

Post a Comment