Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Recommendation

The men, still smoking their cigars, glare at us. They wait for us to speak. I slide down from our falcon. Eyeing each of them individually, I try to decide who is the head honcho. Who is worthy of the letter. That's when I see a man at the far end of the table. He hides partially in the shadows with his hands folded. I make my way to him. I reveal the letter to him. He angrily snatches it from my hand. He reads it over, semi audible. After he is done reading the letter, he places it on the table and says "Ok." He beckons Olivia towards us. As soon as she walks to the end of the table where we are, the boss nods to the falcon. The falcon squawks loudly and flies out the window. "let's get to work." He says to us. "What's going on?" I ask. The boss smiles. "It's a letter of recommendation. Whoever it was said some good things. Now, to the elevator. We'll get you both started."

No comments:

Post a Comment