Followers

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Water Works

By the time we were on our feet, the water was already ankle deep. We tried to make our way to the closet to shut off the valve, but we were thrown back once more. We knew a hasty retreat was in order. Walking through water is more difficult than one might think. Your clothes become increasingly heavy , making each step all the more tiresome. Curiously, the water seemed to get deeper the more we journeyed. Before we knew it, it was up to our waists. We grabbed hold of a desk, and used it as a raft. It worked for a time, until a wave crashed into our raft and submerged us. I searched frantically under the deep blue for Olivia's hand. Long story short, I didn't find her, she found me. She held me tight, and we swam underwater for what felt like a lifetime. Right about when I felt as if I might pass out from lack of oxygen, we found the exit. The only exit in the mail room. With a mighty, powerful thrust, we pulled the door open. We were hurled out the door and across the street. The water dispersed in every possible direction, and we were left mangled and soaked on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment