Followers

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Falcon Flight

Our falcon guides us high above the Earth. We glide through thin, wispy clouds. "This is amazing!" I exclaim. "I'm glad you get to experience it." Olivia says. "Was this what it was like?" I ask as we narrowly avoid a mountain. "Better because you're here." I feel more alive after hearing here statement. "Where did you go anyways?" I ask. "Just visiting the family. Cross the T's, dot the i's. That sort of thing." Our bird drops a few feet. "We must be getting closer." I say. "Or he's showing off." Olivia responds. Sure enough, our falcon ascends back in the air. "What did you do while I was gone?" She asks. "I played checkers with George Washington. Then I got caught in a net." "Oh yeah. We had that weird helmet. What happened to it ?" "It broke." Olivia shrugs. " I don't think we need it." I view the Earth beneath me. Below us is a gaggle of geese flying in the opposite direction. "Where do you think he's taking us ?" I ask . "Who cares?"

No comments:

Post a Comment