Followers

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Game

I'm trying my best not to flinch. To be quite and perfectly honest, I find this sport terrifying. I don't like anything whizzing near my face. Especially something that could hurt me. I don't even know the rules. All I do is swing the racket and hope for the best. Berry assumed I knew how to play. I guess that's my fault. I should have spoken up. Blah blah blah missed opportunity. I know, no sense in beating myself up about it. At least not now when my concentration must be maximized. Berry takes a mighty swing, launches the ball off the wall. It falls to the floor and rolls to my feet. Berry throws his hands in the air. He lets out a loud whoop. "Victory! Yeah!" He shouts, obnoxiously. He puts his hand out for a high five. "High five." I reluctantly agree to high five him. "You played good." He says. "Really? I had no idea what I was doing." Berry laughs. " I know. But you kept going. You're tenacious. I like that." "Oh, thanks." "Alright, let's hit the sauna." He says. "I couldn't do that." "Sure you can. It'll be fun." "I don't know, it seems kinda weird." Berry squints his eyes. "Why, it's what you do after a game." I shake my head. "Sure, let's go."

No comments:

Post a Comment