Followers

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mail Room

Our new assignment? Our new job. Mail room. We were taken to the basement, to an old fashioned mail room. There are tubes, letters everywhere, horrible lighting, and not a lot of people. It's awesome. I'm on cloud nine, this is it for me. Olivia ,not so much. "Where's the fire?" She asks. I furrow my brow. "Aren't you upset?" She continues. "Why would I be?" I ask. Olivia takes a deep breath. "One of your best and also most infuriating qualities at times is that your mind is seemingly never at rest. It's always questioning things." She explains. I shrug. "So why now do you just accept that this is our life?" Olivia asks. I pause from sending the letters through tubes. "Solitude." I respond simply. Olivia looks around. There are a few nefarious characters here and there. "The ex convicts won't bother us." I joke. Olivia shakes her head. "A little solitude here and there isn't a bad thing." I tell her. "I suppose not, but why would Peter send us here?" "Maybe we just needed some quiet. To recharge the batteries." Olivia sighs. " I don't want to be a recluse." "I don't either, and we won't."

No comments:

Post a Comment