Followers

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Wellness Center

Peter guides us through the automatic doors. They are similar to the doors at a grocery store except much larger. Inside it's open air. No ceiling and minimal walls. There are rows of books that stretch the length of a football field. Despite the size of the library, it is only divided into three sections. They are labeled as Body, Mind, and Spirit. The Wellness Center has more to offer than the library. However, my fondness for a good book overpowers any curiosity of continuing the tour at the moment. Peter sees me veering off to the library. "Yes, we can stop here." He says. I go the closest section which happens to be Body. I glance over the titles. Peter notices me furrow my brow. "Something catch your eye ?" He asks. "Yes." I pull out a book and hold it up to him. The title reads SOY! the Beautiful, Magnificent, Wonderful Plant. "That's a good read." He tells me. "Ok, but right next to it was this." I pull out a book that reads Stay Away, Soy. "I enjoyed what I read of that." He says. I shake my head and place the books on the shelf. "So what is it?" I ask. " I don't understand." "I want to know if it's good or bad." I say , frustrated. "Oh, I suppose it's both." He says , with an innocent tone. "How?" I demand. Olivia jumps in. "It feels like a contradiction to us to have both books side by side." "It does?" He asks. I nod. "Yes, you're a Wellness Center. You need to take a firm stance." Olivia says. Peter takes the information in. He thinks for a moment. " I guess we figured that no one likes being told what to do, and that the individual should form their own conclusions." "That makes sense, but surely the Center has some guidelines." I say. "It does." Peter holds up two fingers. "Do your best to do good everyday. And do your best not to hurt anybody." "A crazed person could define good in sickening terms." I explain. Peter nods. "That they could. However, anyone who has made it this far, I'm not worried about. Now, shall we continue the tour?"

No comments:

Post a Comment