Followers

Friday, April 24, 2015

Shoo Fly

It was a strange incident, no doubt, but after a few days we didn't think much of it. We didn't think much at all. One might wonder, how could that be? It's easy. Unless one deliberately goes out searching for magic and synchronizations, then one would not notice the strangeness and wonder that life has to offer. Even if said strangeness is particularly unusual. If the individual becomes like an ostrich, burying their head in work or material pleasures, then any conceivable sign would not get through to them. My story continues with a pest. It was a humid morning, and someone opened one of the few windows. It allowed minimal air circulation as well as a fly. Normally, such a thing would not bother me. However, it kept buzzing near my ear. The more I tried to swat it away, the more tenacious it became. Avoiding my hand, it flew closer to my ear. I heard a high pitched, stretched out "staaaaay". This took me by surprise. Had this insect communicated with me? The fly then flew to my other ear, continuing the message. "Beeeee paaatient." As soon as the fly finished, it buzzed out of sight. I couldn't believe it. The job was finally getting to me. I thought I must be having a stress induced hallucination. So, I decided to take a much needed break.

No comments:

Post a Comment