Followers

Monday, July 25, 2016

Eagle Eyes

Eagle Eyes turned his attention away from the window. He wore dark aviator sunglasses and chewed on a toothpick. "New members of the resistance, eh?" He takes off his sunglasses to reveal his piercing, blue eyes. "A bit scrappy for my liking, but I suppose I could make it work.Thank you, Davies. I'll take it from here." The bearded man saluted Eagle Eyes and exited the room."You're Eagle Eyes?" Todd asks. "Last time I checked." "I know what you did." Todd says with gritted teeth. "Yes, I shot your rodent friend, but he'll be fine." "Though I am angered by that, that is not what I was referring to." Eagle Eyes steps closer to Todd. "What were you referring to?" "You tried to blow her up." He snaps, pointing to Olivia. Eagle Eyes glances at Olivia and then laughs to himself. "It was only orders." "Only orders?" Todd replies, now hotter than ever. "Yes, only orders. I take it you three don't know anything about war." "We know some." Olivia blurts. Eagle Eyes chuckles. "Some isn't enough. Tell me, why do you three want to be part of the resistance?" "We don't." I reply. "You don't?" He repeats as if he can't comprehend what he had just heard. "No. We have no idea what or more importantly why you are fighting." I clarify. Eagle Eyes clears his throat. "None of us want to be here, but now that we are here we'll be damned if we lose our ground." "That's it? You're fighting for this ghost town?" Olivia asks. "We can make it great." He says. "No one's stopping you." I remark. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asks. "It means no one is here to fight you." Olivia adds. "But they'll be back. Mark my words." "Maybe, but we're gonna take off." Olivia says, leading the way out of the room. "You don't want to leave." He shouts. "And why not?" Olivia asks. "Because then you are against us, and trust me you do not want to be against us."

No comments:

Post a Comment