Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Surrounded

I had no idea where they came from, but in a matter of moments we were surrounded by armed soldiers on all sides. There wasn't enough time to for Olivia to make a bubble, so we all raised our arms in the air. "State your business." A solider who I had never seen before shouted. "You shot him." I reply. "I said state your business." "He wasn't even armed." "He'll be fine. What are you three doing here?" "Right now? Trying to survive not being shot by you." Olivia says, coyly. "You think this is funny?" "Well, it would be really stupid to say yes now." "I'll ask you one more time to state your business." "We don't want to be here." I respond. "What do you mean? You saying you got here by accident?" He asks, annoyed.. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying."  "Yeah? How do I know you're not with them?" "Who's them?" Olivia shouts. "You really don't know?" He asks. "No, I don't." "Is it about those aliens?" Olivia asks. The soldier squints his eyes. "So you have seen them?"  "Yes, we have and they almost killed us." I say. The soldier looks at a nearby guard. "You think we should believe them?" "How the hell should I know?" The soldier sighs loudly. "Fine. We'll take them in for further questioning." "What about the raccoon?" "I said we'd take them in for further questioning."

No comments:

Post a Comment