Followers

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Not Impressed

Olivia took us to what she referred to as the holographic island. I was told that it was an island partially hidden in another dimension. We could  see out to the other dimension, but no one could see in. It was a safe place I was told. Safe, but not interesting from the looks. This island was far smaller than the main one. I could see from one end to the other, and most of it was covered in sand with a couple palm trees here and there. "What do you think?" Olivia asks. It's obviously that she expected Todd and myself to be impressed. When we took our time to respond her smile faded. "I know it isn't much at first." She adds. "At first? Does that mean there's more?" I ask. "No. Not exactly. But we'll build." "Build?Here?" "Yes." She replies, eagerly. "What are we building?" "The New Wellness Center." There is a beat. "You want us to build that here?" I question. "Yeah. It'd be perfect. We'd be hidden." She says. "Maybe." I say, less than enthusiastic. "What's the problem?" She asks. "Why here?" "The Purple Haired Woman says we should." I raise my eyebrows. "You saw her?" "I did, and she wants us to build the Wellness Center here." I shake my head. "That doesn't mean we have to." Todd steps between us. "I can build it." He says, confidently. "With what?" I ask. Todd turns to me. "I don't know, but I'll find something. I'll build it while you two fight them off." Olivia scrunches her face. "What are you talking about?" "No one knows that this island is here unless they somehow stumble upon it, am I correct?" Todd asks. "You would be." Olivia responds. "While it's unlikely that they would stumble upon this island, they still could, couldn't they? I mean is there any form of protection from outsiders?" Olivia sighs. "No there is not." Todd half smiles. "You two do what you need to do to drive them off the main island. I'll be here making headquarters bigger and better."

No comments:

Post a Comment