Followers

Friday, July 8, 2016

No Materials

I didn't think it was a good idea leaving the main island, but I was out voted. Both Norm and Olivia were in favor of leaving. I couldn't believe it. Why now of all possible times should we go? I couldn't convince them, and they wouldn't let me stay behind either. It looked like I was left with only one option. Stay calm on the outside while facing existential dread on the inside. I was also told once more that the Purple Haired Lady needed us to build a new Wellness center on the invisible island for whatever reason. We got there, and to no one's surprise it seemed Todd was having a little trouble building a society. The only thing he managed to make was a desk. "Having troubles?" I ask. "Yeah, there isn't a whole lot on the island, but look. I was able to make a desk out of the pine trees." He rubs his hands across the desk. "Looks good, doesn't it?" "It does, but I don't understand where is everything else?" I ask. "There isn't much on the island." He reminds. "I know, but the last time you were able to make so much in so little time. It was grand. It was upside down, but it was still grand." I say. "I was only able to do that because the falcons borrowed materials for me." He confesses. "That's fine. Fly them in here. Have them help us." Todd shakes his head. "That won't work." "And why not?" I ask, now a little annoyed. "Because the falcons can't fly to somewhere they've never been." Olivia chimes in. "And we're sure as hell not going back to the main island. Not with that purple thing sucking everything up." Norm adds. I turn to Norm. "What about you?" "What about me?" He asks. "You built us a boat a while back. Can you help us build a new Wellness Center?" "I'm afraid I can't. The guy's right. There's no materials on this island." I exhale. "Then what?" Norm looks at the sky. The purple portal has spread even further. It is now on the rocks of the main island. "I don't know, but we may be in more trouble than we realized."

No comments:

Post a Comment