Followers

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Unstable Portal

The portal still resembled a double helix model except now it was much wider and longer. It also looked like it was pulsating . Something that Olivia noticed as well. "Is it breathing?" She asked. Before I had the chance to respond, Norm jumped out of the nearest tree. The sudden surprise startled me. It had me clutching my chest. Olivia, however, was unphased. "What are you guys doing back here?" He asks. "We're here to push Sgt. Rodgers and her army off the island."  I reply. "Forget that. Things are out of control here." He warns. "I scan see that." I say, looking up at the sky. "You guys need to get out of here, and take me with you." "We can't do that. We can't be bullied by them." I insist. Norm puts his paws on his hips. "Listen slick, there are far more of them then there are of us." "I don't care. We can fight them off." Norm points to the portal in the sky. "Not with that thing swallowing everything up you can't." "Why does it look like that?" I ask. "Remember that temple that you were in that I destroyed?" "Yeah?" "Well it turns out that temple was the only thing keeping the portal stable." I squint my eyes. "I don't understand. I thought you had orders to destroy the temple." Norm looks down sheepishly. "I had orders to destroy the tree houses. Turns out the the temple wasn't part of the tree houses." "What do we do now?" Olivia asks. "We run like hell and get as far  away from that thing as we can." Norm says. "Is there a chance Sgt. Rodgers and her army followed you?" I ask. "Not a chance. She saw this thing eating up the trees and wanted to go in. Right now she's figuring out how to do that." "But wouldn't she first send in someone else?" Olivia questions. "I think she did. Look, we don't have much time. The Sgt. might be stupid enough to stick around, but I'm not. " He says waving his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment