Followers

Monday, July 4, 2016

Weird Barriers

Our clothes were bone dry. We never even touched the water.  I crawled on my hands and knees in fascination. There was some sort of barrier that stopped us. "Yeah, I saved you." A voice called out. I looked out to see Olivia in deep concentration. "You did this?" I asked. "I did. But now if you don't mind. It takes a lot of effort to hold this up." Olivia released Todd and myself from the bubble barrier. We crashed into the water that was luckily only a foot away at this point. "But how did you do that?" I ask, gasping for air. "Simple. I saw you guys falling from the sky. I realized I couldn't get there in time so I shot a bubble up there. Wasn't sure it would work. I'm glad it did though." "So am I." Todd responds. Olivia smiles. "Let's get out of the water." She led us to the holographic island. The sky rippled as we passed the barrier to the island. Todd and I stopped to look at it while Olivia swam ahead. It took her a while before she noticed we weren't behind her. She had to swim all the way back to us. "What's the hold up?" She asks, impatiently. "Something's going on."  I say pointing to the rippling sky. "It's nothing. We just breached the barrier." She says, casually. "The barrier?" Todd asks. "Yeah, the barrier to the holographic  island." "What's a holographic island?" I wonder. "I'm not really sure." She replies. Todd and I look at each other. "Would you two just follow me? It's fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment