Followers

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

They're Here, Somewhere

We  crept down the vacant street.We listened carefully for any sound of our observer. "You hear anything, Norm?" Olivia asks. "No, they're being cautious." He replies. "That's what I was afraid of." We continue walking down the street. "I'd say split up, but I don't want to risk it." Olivia says. "Too late. I'm way ahead of you." Norm shouts. Me, Todd, and Olivia all turn to see Norm a block away down the street without the bubble protection. "Norm, what the hell are you doing?" Olivia asks, nervously. "Stay there. I know what I'm doing." He assures. "But Norm. They'll see you." Olivia gasps. Norm grins. "All part of the plan." Norm stares up at the nearest skyscraper. He cuffs his hands to his mouth. "Hey Eagle Eyes. I know you're there." "Norm. Get back in here." "Don't worry about it." He says to Olivia casually. "Norm, you're without any protection." She reminds. "Exactly." Norm shouts to the skyscraper again. "Come on. Stop wasting my time." "Norm, stop it." This time Norm doesn't say anything back to Olivia. "Eagle Eyes, show yourself." Half a second after Norm shouts his command a bullet hits his shoulder, knocking him backwards. Olivia is so beside herself she unknowingly throws down her shield. She runs after Norm's fallen body. Todd and I chase after her. Then right as we are about to approach Norm, the rest of Sgt. Rodger's army comes out of the shadows and aims their assault rifles at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment