Followers

Friday, July 1, 2016

Safe in the Coaster

"What is this thing?" Todd asks in full blown admiration. "It's a constellation." Todd whistles. "Wow. I've never been in a constellation before." "I hadn't either. Todd, who were those people?" "Huh?" "The people who attacked you. Who were they?" I ask, impatiently. "I don't know." "You don't know!" "Yeah, I don't know." "Well, should we be concerned?" "I don't think so." He replies , casually. "What do you mean you don't think so? They shot you down and flew off."
"Exactly. They flew off." I sigh deeply. "That doesn't mean anything. They could come back." I inform. Todd nervously smiles. "It's ok. I'm here now. We can fight them off together." I shake my head. "We could try. I think we really need Olivia for that though." With that statement, Todd loses his smile. He casts his eyes down. "What?" I ask. "I have some bad news." He says, slowly. "What?" "She didn't make it." "What are you talking about?" "She went into a boat. It must have been set up for her because..." Todd takes a deep breath. "They dropped a bomb on her." "They dropped a bomb on her?" "Yes, and it was bad. Fire everywhere." "Did you see her body?" I ask. "No but-" "She survived." "I don't know. I don't see any way she could have." "She survived." Todd flinches a little bit. "Okay." There is a long pause. I suddenly remember that Todd is wearing my red hood and cape. "Thanks for bringing that." I say, pointing to the cape. "Oh, yes. I forgot I was wearing it." He takes off the cape and hands it to me. I put it on. I instantly feel one hundred percent better.  It is as if I got an appendage back that was long missing. I feel my confidence rising. I glance over the edge of the now stationary coaster. "Where does this thing go?" Todd asks. "Right now, nowhere." "I hope it starts moving soon." "Me too. The ocean is a long way down."

No comments:

Post a Comment