Followers

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Too Late?

It was a long swim to the rocky shore of the main island. Frankly, I have no idea how Olivia could manage it. Especially because she didn't want to go back. It was my idea. Once we got to the rocks I had to stop. My legs and arms were like jelly. I hunched over and panted. "Don't tell me you're tired already?" Olivia asks. I smile and stand up straight. "Not a chance." We continued our journey with Olivia leading the way, and me trying to conceal my tiredness. Shortly after we entered the jungle Olivia noticed a purple mark in the sky. "What's that?" She asks pointing the portal that I knew all too well. "It's a portal." "A portal? Where does it go?"  I shrug. "I'm not sure. I was attacked by an alien and then I found myself on the Little Dipper." I reply. "Hmm. That's strange."  "I know. I was kinda expecting it to lead to wherever all those children vanished to." "Maybe it's a different experience for everybody?" Olivia suggests. "Perhaps, but I have a strong feeling this isn't for everybody. I think it's a good think we came back." I say, looking at the portal in the sky. "It probably is, but we might be too late." Olivia replies. "What do you mean." "Think about it. If we can see it clearly that means they can as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment