Followers

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Visiting Norm

"You're with us or you're against us." Dumb words that echoed in my mind. I don't believe that statement one bit.  Fighting just to fight is a bullshit concept, but try and tell that to any one of them. There is no room for a pacifist. Not here at any rate. We could run away, and use Olivia's bubble protection if need be, but we couldn't leave with out Norm. If we were going to plan an escape we needed as many members for our party as possible. We needed a resistance to their resistance.
Once we met every single one of the Rambo clones, Davies(the bearded man) allowed us to see Norm. He took us all the way down to a small, cinder block room on the first floor. Norm's room was split in half by a curtain. I could see the silhouette of an poor soul on the other side. Unfortunately Davies stood in the doorway. We needed him to leave so we could discuss our plan. "Could you give us some privacy?" I ask. "Not a chance." He responds. The three of us collectively sigh and walk towards Norm. It was weird seeing him in a gown and a sling. "You think we should wake him?" Todd asks. "I don't know. I mean I do want to see him, but he probably needs his rest." Olivia replies. Norm peals open his eyes. "I'm awake. I heard ya guys come in." Olivia gives Norm a big hug. "Ow not yet. Not ready yet." "Sorry. It's just... It's good to see you." Olivia says. "Good to see you guys too. So, how you been holding up without me?" "Terribly boring." I say. Norm half smiles. "I bet." I lean in towards Norm. "We have plans." I whisper. "You have plans?" He repeats. "Yeah, we're leaving this place and taking you with us." Norm looks up at Davies. Davies didn't seem to hear a word we said, but Norm knew not to tempt it one second longer. "Excuse me." He calls out to Davies. "What? What do you want?" "My bedpan is full. It needs to be emptied." "Gross. Let me go get someone." Davies sneers and walks off. "That was easier than I thought it would be. Now tell me about the plan." "Everybody here is fucking crazy. We're taking you and we're leaving this place as soon as we find an opening." I was so excited to share that information that I didn't realize I was much louder than I should have been. A second later we all heard a faint voice from the other side of the curtain. "You know, he's not the only one in this room."

No comments:

Post a Comment