Followers

Saturday, August 19, 2017

After Party

"Was it a good dream?" Olivia asks. "Yeah, I was on a dadelion." "It sounds like a good dream." "It was interesting." I say. I study my surroundings. There is a huge mess of empty bottles and no one to be found. "There was a party, wasn't there?" I ask. "Something like that." Olivia says. "Where'd everyone go?" "They left."  I glanced at the vacant counter. "What about Norm and Wilber?" "Them too, but they left the mess for us to clean." "How nice." I say, sarcastically. I grab a couple of the empty bottles. I get up to toss them out. I can't explain why, but right as I'm about to throw them in the trash, I head outside. Olivia follows closely behind me. She watches me staring at the grey sky. There is a small, circular opening in the sky that catches my attention. A pool of white light falls out of the opening and hits the Earth. "See that." I say. "I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the message we were given."

No comments:

Post a Comment