Followers

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

In the Sky

Olivia and I are in no rush to go home. We walk because that's what we do when we are unsure. We walk. As I said before much of the city is the same. It's a bit depressing, but  I try not to let that get me down. It is a beautiful day after all. I look to the sky. In the distance I see two, long, black streaks. I know I have seen them before, but I'm not quite sure where. "Hey, you see that?" I ask Olivia, pointing to the sky. "See what?" "Those black streaks in the distance." Olivia squints her eyes. "Oh yeah. What about 'em?" "What do you think they are?" I ask. "I don't know. Could be anything." Suddenly it dawns on me. "It's the falcons. They've come back." "It can't be them." Olivia says. "And why not?" "Because they've never been here before. So they wouldn't be able to come back." "Then what do you think it is?" "I have no idea." She admits. "Well, I think it is the falcons. And I will wait right here for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment