Followers

Monday, August 21, 2017

Rapture?

"I still don't get it. What do you think it is?" Olivia asks. "Maybe it's the rapture." I say, gazing into the white light. "The rapture?" "Yeah,  the rapture." "Well, if that's what it is then we should definitely tell everyone." Olivia insists. "I suppose you're right." I say, walking into the beam of light. I expect to automatically ascend into the atmosphere. Instead, I just feel a couple degrees warmer. I lower my head. "Were you expecting to be lifted into the sky?" Olivia asks. "I was. Does that mean I'm unworthy?" Olivia shrugs. "I don't know. That probably could be considered selfish." "So then if I tell everyone about this thing then will I be allowed into the sky?" "Maybe I'm not sure how these things work." I exit the light. "It's possible it's not the rapture. I mean if it were everyone would know about it right?" "I guess. What do you think it is though?" I shake my head. "Strange. That's what it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment