Followers

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Final Product?

After we left Jack we realized we weren't in a rush to get back. So we decided to explore the city some more. Despite the booming business at the fountain shop, much of the city was still in despair. We walked past countless uninhabited,  crumbling buildings. "I don't understand. I thought the city was supposed to remember itself." I say.  "Maybe it takes time." Olivia replies. We walk on for a bit longer. It's the same everywhere. Broken bottles, garbage and potholes everywhere. A depressing thought occurs to me. "What if this is the final product?" "The final product?" Olivia repeats. "Yeah. What if this is it? What if this is how it is supposed to be because the city already remembered itself?" Olivia shakes her head. "No." "No what?" I ask. "I don't want believe that." "Why not?" "Because it's sad." There is a brief pause. "So what do we do then?" I ask. Olivia sighs. "We keep trying. We keep doing our best. It'll change. It may take time, but it'll change."

No comments:

Post a Comment