Followers

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Shave

With Jack's knife I cut off his grey, greasy, tangled beard. It wasn't exactly easy to do with a dull blade, and I would hardly call the finished product a work of art. It was patchy, but he was satisfied. In the end I guess that's all  that matters. Jack felt his newly shorn, slightly blemished face. "You missed a few spots." He says to me. "I know. It was difficult." "I'm sure it was, but I'm not complaining." "Well, I guess now that you're all settled and your beard is trimmed we'll be leaving." Olivia says. "Wait. There's still one more thing I need you to do for me." "What would that be?" I ask. "The pink hearts." "Why do you want them so badly?" I wonder. "Who cares? If it gets him off our back I'm all for it." Olivia says. She raises her palm.Then without saying another word, she fires a pink heart into Jack's chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment