Followers

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tumbling World

I close my eyes and the world tumbles. It is as if I missed a step in the dark and I continue to fall without any end in sight. I open my eyes. The world is calm. It is unmoving. It makes sense, or at least as much as it can. I close my eyes again. The tumbling resumes. This time, however, it is faster, and more violent. I open my eyes once more. I am safe, I am calm, I am serene, but I am also tired beyond belief. My lower eye lids feel as though they are pulling my upper lids down. Trying their best to force my eyes shut. I do my best to not give into these bullies. To stay into the waking world. Unfortunately nothing at this early hour can hold my attention. Nothing feels interesting to my sleepy brain. So my body gives into these brutal bullies. My lower lids pull my upper lids shut. My body gives up with my eyes, and I soon find myself in the dark once more. I'm at the top of the stairs. I try to walk slowly. I try to find each step, but I do ultimately miss one. Then I fall, and I fall, and I fall endlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment