Followers

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Zig Zag

Freddy is a mysterious creature. He'll disappear for days, sometimes weeks only to resurface unscathed with a grin on his face. I have no idea where he is heading now, but I watch him walk away. He whistles an unrecognizable tune. It's undoubtedly made up, but upbeat none the less. A loud thunderclap happens above my head. It diverts my attention to the sky. "We should find shelter." Olivia says.  I notice a strange, white, zig zag in the sky. "Did you hear me?" She asks. "I did. There's something going on up there." I say pointing to the ever growing zig zag. "It's lightning. " she insists "No, it's not. Look closer." She stares at the zig zag with me for a moment. It grows even wider, splitting the sky into two. "What the hell is that?" She shouts. "I don't know, but we may already be too late. " The zig zag falls down from the sky. It zooms in between me and Olivia, and like a picture that was torn in two, we are split apart. I can see her, and she can see me, but we are both floating in space.

No comments:

Post a Comment