Followers

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Fresh Start?

"I'm not giving you the knife. How stupid do you think I am?" "Calm down. I don't want you to hand it over." He says. "Then what do you want?" I ask. "I want you to cut my beard. Give me a little trim." "What?" I say in disbelief. "I don't know if you can tell, but it's gotten a little bit out of control."  "He wants a fresh start." Olivia jumps in. Jack snaps his fingers. "Bingo." "No, no deal." I say, sternly. "And why not?" "Because you just want a disguise so you can go above ground." "I want nothing of the sort." "Really?" I say, unconvinced.  "I want a fresh start. That is all." "Yeah, a fresh start to be someone else." "Symbolically, yes. Physically no." He points out. "Why should I trust you?" I ask. "Because I have no reason to go above ground. Everyone has made it painfully obvious that they don't want me around." I reflect on his words for a moment. "Alright, I'll give your beard a trim, but stay still."

No comments:

Post a Comment