Followers

Friday, August 18, 2017

Wish Journey

As I floated in space I came to the realization that I was on a dandelion. I must have been blown off in the whimsical tradition of making a wish. I tried to grab hold of the many seeds that floated past me unsuccessfully. Then I wondered about the wishing process. Do all these seeds journey to far away land? Are they planted to be grown into dreams, and how do we pluck these fully realized dreams in a far away land? I wanted to know. It was my mission to find out. I reached out my hand again. This time I would get it. I did have luck catching a flying seed. Unfortunately, as soon as I caught hold of one I was no longer lighter than a feather. My body shot to the Earth faster than a bullet. I closed my eyes in preparation of impact. The smash would happen any second. I did feel something, but it wasn't me hitting the ground. It was as if something tapped me on the shoulder. I opened my eyes to see myself still in the fountain shop. "Had a bad dream?" Olivia asks. "Just a dream." I say.  "Just a dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment