Followers

Monday, August 28, 2017

Invisible Walls

Olivia was less than a foot away from me, but I couldn't so much as reach out a hand to her. There was some sort of invisible barrier or  force filed that separated us. I could see her shouting at the top of her lungs, but even a whisper wouldn't reach my ears. "It's sound proof." I respond at my normal speaking voice. I'm not sure why I did that. I knew she couldn't possibly hear it. Sure enough I saw her squinting in confusion a second later. I hold up my index finger. The universal symbol for one second. I feel the wall to see where it ends. To my surprise, it circles around me. I could see we were trapped, but I didn't want to give up. I pounded on invisible walls with my fists. Whatever it was it was strong, but I a could be stronger if I wished. I was gonna give it my all. I backed up as much as I could. I then ran at the wall full force. I was expecting the wall to give way. Instead the wall fought back. It hit me with everything it had, and I I fell flat on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment