Followers

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Cushioned

The grass cushioned my fall a bit. That is not to say I was without pain, but at least there was something to break my fall. I was on my back again. This time my view was blocked by a sea of grass, and this time I didn't feel like moving. I could try to climb to the top again. Maybe this time I'd have better luck. However, my motivation for escape somehow left me. So I stayed in that position for a long while. Eventually my blocked, darkened view was interrupted by an intense, blinding, white light. I had to turn my head, and look the other way. It worked until I felt the ground beneath me move. My glass jar violently shook.My body bounced back and forth against the invisible walls. I tried desperately to hold onto something, but every blade of grass fell through my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment