Followers

Friday, May 29, 2015

Amateurs



The couple is oblivious of us inching closer as they continue to make out. Unsure how to break up the teenage lovers, I cough obnoxiously. The couple halt their passion. "What do you want?" The guy asks, angrily. "Just a minute of your time." I reply. "Can't you see we're busy." He says. "Yes, but it will only take a moment." The guy rolls his eyes. "You shouldn't have been doing that in daylight if you didn't want to talk to people." Olivia insists. "Who are you supposed to be anyways?" The girl asks. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Well, she's got one of those skull mask things, and you got a red cape. I don't get it." The guy chimes in. "Yeah, are you supposed to be Superman?" "No,I'm me." They both look at each other, baffled. "So, you're not trying to be anyone?" He asks. "No, why would I?" I respond. The guy scratches his head. "You walk around like that, and you're not trying to be anyone?" I nod, annoyed. He laughs and claps his hands. "I don't know what you guys are on, but I want some of it." I grin. "That could be arranged." "It was an expression." The girl blurts out. "No, I'm curious. Let's see what they have." He says, slyly. "What are you into?" The guy leans back. His relaxed demeanor reveals his disinterest. "What?" I wonder aloud. "Nice try." He says. "What are you talking about?" Olivia asks him. He shakes his head. "If you were legit, you wouldn't ask what I was into. You would tell me what I want." "It's your loss." I turn and walk away. Olivia runs to me. "What are you doing?" "Taking back our power."

No comments:

Post a Comment