Followers

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Back to Earth

Being sent back to Earth makes me feel as if I can do no right. It's like I keep making these silly mistakes. Maybe they aren't silly. Maybe everyone is overreacting. Peter told us the Falcons are faithful, but I wonder if they get sick of flying back and forth for us. Then again, they are cooped up in stables all day long. They probably enjoy spreading their wings. I know I would . I hold tight to the falcon and pier out into the grey sky morning. It's an unusually chilly day for late May. I'm not complaining, just noticing. Olivia turns her head to me. "What are the odds that the couple saw anything?" She asks. "I don't know. They could have seen us fly away. I don't think much else." "Do you think they're in danger?" I shake my head. "Then why are we going down there?" She asks. "It's not our call to make." Olivia turns her head forward. I hear her let out a sigh. It is frustrating. I know without knowing that they are fine. We could quit the Wellness Center and deal with any repercussions as they happen. If we do choose to do that we won't get the library. I'm not sure why we wanted it in the first place other then we could, but we came this far. It would be pointless not to complete the mission. That is how I must look at this, as a mission. We started out as two. Now we are gaining eyes and ears. Support of all kinds. We started simply seeking the unknown. Somehow it's evolving into something grander. Something bigger than us. "Where do you think we'll find them?" Olivia shouts. "Probably where we last saw them." "You think they'd go back." She asks. "I wouldn't be surprised."

No comments:

Post a Comment